A taste of Cuba, this recipe is great for anyone on a grain-free or low-carb diet.
1/4 Cup of chopped fresh cilantro
1 Teaspoon of salt
1 Teaspoon of fresh ground cumin
1 Teaspoon of red wine vinegar
1 Tablespoon of olive oil
2 Tablespoons of minced garlic
1 6oz Can of tomato paste
3 Seeded and sliced bell peppers
2 Sliced onions
1 Can of beef broth
1 28oz Can of fire-roasted, diced tomatoes (drained)
2 lbs of Sirloin beef tip roast
1 Tablespoon of Simple Foods avocado oil
1. In a large skillet heat the Simple Foods Avocado oil on medium-high heat. Cook the beef in the hot oil for around 4 minutes on each side or until browned. Move the beef to a slow cooker. Pour the tomatoes and beef broth over the roast and add the bell peppers and onions.
2. In a bowl, mix the vinegar, olive oil, garlic, tomato paste, cumin, and salt; pour it over the bell peppers and onions.
3. Cook on high for 1 hour, then lower the heat to low and cook for around 8 hours, until the beef is tender enough to shred.
4. Remove the beef from the slow cooker and shred it with 2 forks. Return the shredded beef to the slow cooker and add the cilantro.
5. Cook on low for 1 more hour.