Enjoy this sloppy joe made right in your pressure cooker.
4 Tablespoons of butter
8 Hamburguer buns
1 1/2 Cups of crushed and strained tomatoes
1 Pinch of red pepper flakes
1 Tablespoon of chili powder
1 Tablespoon of tomato paste
1 Tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
1 Tablespoon of dry mustard
3 Tablespoons of brown sugar
1/4 Cup of water
1/4 Cup of apple cider vinegar
1 1/2 Teaspoons of finely diced garlic
Ground black pepper to taste
1 Teaspoon of salt
1 Cup of diced red bell pepper
1 Cup of diced onion
1 1/2 lbs of lean ground beef
1 Tablespoon of Simple Foods Safflower Oil
1. Turn your pressure cooker and select the Saute function. Add the safflower oil and coat the entire bottom. Add the red bell pepper, onion, ground beef, and season with salt and pepper. Cook and stir for about 5 to 7 minutes or until the beef is browned and the vegetables are soft. Drain and discard grease.
2. Add the garlic to the pot and cook another 30 seconds, then add the vinegar. Mix in the red pepper flakes, chili powder, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, water, and crushed tomatoes. Stir well.
3. Close and lock the lid and close the vent. Select high pressure and set the timer for 5 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
4. Toast the hamburger buns and coat them with butter.
5. Release the pressure using the natural-release method for 10 minutes. Release the remaining pressure carefully using the quick-release method for about 5 minutes. Unlock and remove the lid.
5. Serve the beef on toasted buns.